Exporting/importing hamsters (Ввоз\вывоз хомячков) | Страница 2 | HAMSTER.RU

Exporting/importing hamsters (Ввоз\вывоз хомячков)

Тема в разделе "INTERNATIONAL FORUM - ARCHIVE", создана пользователем alyona, 31 мар 2005.

1. Wim

Wim New Member

I think it will be no longer a secret that Marishik and I exported hamsters from Holland to Russia. It was not easy to find a way for this because all the aircompanies refused to have hamsters as cargo. You even cannot take hamsters with you in a plane as you are a passenger. Rodents are on the list of forbidden animals to send by plane. They are afraid that, when one excapes, they are going to eat the wires in the plane. The way we found is not working to the USA. Good luck.

2. russianczar

russianczar New Member

Thanks a lot for the info, I was just curious about the import just in case, I didn't know about the CHA, I hope they got an easy access to their hamsters :)

I wouldn't want to stress hamsters, after all, not even every dog survives a plane flight ;) It's better if I find something in the US :)

Thank you :)

3. Даша

Даша New Member

Wim, Recessive Dappled pattern of Syrian hamsters was brought to the U.S. from Europe. So I think it must be allowed by some companies, I doubt that it is technically possible to bring a hamster by an international flight illegaly without being caught.

4. russianczar

russianczar New Member

No it's really easy :) I know a person, he brought his rat with him from Russia. I still regret that I didn't do the same... he just hid it in his clothes :)

5. Даша

Даша New Member

I would never do it or recommend anyone to do it. Risks are too high.
    I guess it was before 9/11, right? And even if it was not, one case is not enough of a reason to declare that "it's really easy".
    At least I personally would not try doing anything illegal on the US border - I am not ready to risk being able to enter the country :)

6. russianczar

russianczar New Member

It was before 9/11, that's true... I would still do it though :)

7. alyona

alyona Administrator Команда форума

russianczar

You couldn't do it. Don't you know, that it's impossible now to bring something unchecked on board? Ask Dasha, for example, how they check passengers at the airports (even in Moscow). You should put off your shoes and jackets, all the things are examined. A nice but very strict woman will check all your pockets.

8. russianczar

russianczar New Member

damn... I didn't know, it's been four or five years since my last flight... wow.. :? :shock:

9. Wim

Wim New Member

Даша

There will be always an example of somebody who had luck, but the policy of the companies is how I mentioned it.

alyona

Even on our airport Amsterdam is a very heavy security, It was already very strickt but after London it is like you enter a war-zone, just like Moscow. Last saturday was the busiest day in the history of Amsterdam airport, 162.000 people (in one day) took a plane, but everybody was checked till their bones.

10. Даша

Даша New Member

OK, I got curious, I will try to find out how Recessive Dappled and other Moscow hamsters were brought to AAA and River Road hamsteries.

11. Piper

Piper New Member

To me it is interesting, they do search to parome(Denmark-Russia) or not?

12. Wim

Wim New Member

Hello Piper, I don't know what "parome" is (stupid Dutchman) but if you mean if they check cars, boats and trains from Denmark to Russia on hamsters, the answer is "No". You can be checked but nobody from the custom is looking for hamsters.

13. Piper

Piper New Member

Wim
    Thank you.Parome is a very big boat,on wich people travel by sea and even with cars.
    It is not right!You are not stupid.

I am afraid that they will check my luggage. :?

14. Wim

Wim New Member

So, and what ? A hamster is not a forbidden animal to bring into Russia. If you have health papers from a Danish vetenarian there will be no problem I suppose. You can ask your local authorities in Russia.

Good luck.

Поделиться этой страницей